Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Rewrites... Among other Things

I can't tell you how much I dislike rewrites. Not because the process is abhorrent... Well, actually, it kind of is, but I do like it too.



No, really! It's because it's this process of looking back over your work (😊) and I usually cringe at my initial thoughts (😬). It's a lot of, "Dear God! What were you thinking?!?" kind of stuff.

I always improve. Always find some mistake. Always make it more of the vision I wanted. And best of all, it's always more cohesive.

Yes, when I first do a write through it's like this:



It starts of great, but somewhere in the middle it goes a little wonky.

Right now, I've thrown out an entire scene (it was horrible), and am putting in a new one. I'm hoping to keep it funny and upbeat and just fun. Comedy is harder to write than serious scenes. But hey, I'll be happy if it makes sense and isn't too hokey.

No, actually, I won't be happy until I make it into the vision I have for it. I'm so excited to see how it will turn out.

So, where do I go for inspiration? Well, Youtube, google images, and obviously giphy. 😋 I just do a relative search and usually find what I'm looking for. I also listen to a lot of books. Currently, I'm listening to "All Things Considered" by G.K. Chesterton. I find that listening to books allows me to do mundane things like the dishes and still gain wisdom.

What are you working on? What are your challenges? Do you have a favorite resource?

Whatever you're working on, don't give up. Keep moving forward. Even if it's just an inch a day. That's still progress.

TTFN,

Amy