Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Friday, July 7, 2017

Script Re-Re-ReWrites

Have you ever tried to start an engine that doesn't want to go?
Or worse, you have engine power, but are stuck?



GAAAAAAAH!!!!

It's like you're revving an engine and getting nowhere!

LOL! 

Well, I know this feeling so well, because I'm in the middle of REWRITES!!! 


So, to help you and me remember how to break free, I thought I'd write down some things we can do to get out of this horrible, treacherous, predicament.

How to Break Free and Move Forward


  1.  Get someone else to look at your work.
     Good, bad, or indifferent, having that extra mind/eyes looking at your work will help you revisualize what's working and what isn't -- even if they don't point it out to you.
  2.  Get Away From PEOPLE and distractions.
    Hey, I love my family. You love yours. But the creative process is not conducive to CONSTANT INTERRUPTIONS.
  3. Enter the Dragon 
    Put on your Grr face. Buckle down and just do it. Slog through no matter what the aftermath. BUT, keep a copy of the original just in case your rewrites turn out disastrous. Even if they do though, it's worth it to go ahead and push through this blockade... Could be the key to your masterpiece.
  4. Consider a Break
    To know more, Follow this link: When to Step Away From Your Work.  As this is the absolute opposite of where you want to go, sometimes it is necessary to stop for a bit and smell the roses so you can be more productive later.
  5. Do the Dishes
    This may be considered a break, but I find that I am most productive when I do this one menial task. It allows my mind to wander and gets in touch with the more creative side of me. And if it is a break, it's a very short one.
  6. Listen/Read/Look at someone else's work
    Ideas can spark from looking at another creative master. It may be something that kicks you in the right place. So try it!
  7. Finally, Watch THIS:

As Always.... KEEP MOVING!
Amy