Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Friday, September 2, 2016

The Joy of a Good Scene

On top of trying to compose all the music for the musical, I have to write the lines too. But that's ok. I love it! And I'm no stranger to writing plays.


I wrote a show called "Remembering Radio" which was performed in the style of the old radio shows. It was campy and crazy and most of all, fun! Sometimes I wish I were another Garrison Keillor. It would be a great career. 

To listen to excerpts from it, you can follow this link:

Here are some of the voices you'll hear from the show: Donna Rickles, Dave Larson, Susan Dyer, Eric Hendrickson, John Hammond, and myself.
Recording made at the Gerold Opera House by Ian Teal of Wega Arts.

You may be thinkin', "Quit yer braggin', Braggy McBraggerson! Before you end up with egg on your face!" Or since it's fall, pumpkin pie... like this guy.


Yeah, he's a mess.

But I wanted to tell you that I've had a breakthrough! I was struggling for such a long time with how to end my musical. Even with an outline, you can go round and round and think... 
"This will never get done." 
I've spent months trying to come up with an ending.
I almost gave up. 
I've cried.
I've struggled.
I've been soooooo frustrated.

But, today the wall came down and I got someone to thank. 
God. 
That's right. 
God. 
The big guy. The big, Holy, Awesome guy... God. 
Father of Christ Jesus. 
Yahweh. 
El Shaddai.
Emmanuel.
The very same. 

I prayed. He answered. 
Boom. 

So, this isn't really a brag about me, because every creative idea I've ever had, has been from Him. 

Thank you, Abba.

Go create something, but don't forget to give credit where credit is due. 

Hugs to you,
Amy