Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Live Streaming? Yes, I will thank you.

Recently, I purchased a go pro. I thought I would use it for vlogging, or I would use it for another project. But it's actually just been sitting in my basement gathering dust.

Then I discovered that I could live stream with it. WHAT? Yup. Thanks to livestream.com, I was able to record a good portion of my gig last night with the River Cities Jazz Band. You can watch it here:


Now, keep in mind that it's my first attempt at this. And... it will only be available for the next 30 days. Then, it's gone.

So, enjoy it while it lasts.

But, let me tell you how easy it is with an iPhone and Gopro:

  1. Get the livestream app. You can get Gopro's streaming app too, but I went with livestream for the first event. 
  2. Make an account and create your event, saying what time it will start and end, with an image or poster to identify yourself with your audience. 
  3. On the day of the event, take your Gopro and iPhone to your gig (that's all you need!) I also took a tripod to hold the camera when I didn't want to walk with it.
  4. 5 min. before event, Turn on Gopro and turn on wifi on Gopro. 
  5. On iPhone, Open livestream app and click the big red button to start streaming. The app will ask you which camera you want to use. (yes, you could just use your phone and no Go Pro at all!) You can also switch back and forth between the Gopro and your phone's camera. COOL!!
  6. That's it! Now it will ask you who you want to tell or send a link to. Tell the World! 

I'm going to do this more often. I love how we can show the world what we're capable of through this technology.

Keep making music ma peeps!