Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Workin' For A Living

This morning I had the privilege of being a guest musician at Trinity Lutheran Church of Waupaca. It was a great opportunity to see some people I haven't in a while and share the messages that God has put on my heart. It feels good to help people and be a part of a community that enjoys working together. 

When I got home though, I was bummed. Why? Partly, because I hadn't been growing in my writing since I had written the songs from my last CD a year ago. I always want to be growing. 

This being Father's day, my cute hubby went fishing with a pal and I set to work on a score for the future. Ah... Back in the saddle again. 

I actually wrote the piece "Don't Call It Love" many years ago, but haven't arranged it for big band. Hmm....

Challenge accepted! 
I have enough Jazz theory under my belt to do this (I think) and you never know unless you try! 

So here's a photo of the beginnings:

Using Sibelius, I have a very rough keyboard part (which I will take my chords and some orchestrations from, then scrap), a little bit of a bass line, and the vocal mapped out. 

Not bad for a Sunday afternoon. The rest may take me a while, and I may be calling on a lifeline along the way, but I'm quite happy for where I am today. 

God bless the day!