Blog Description

The development of an artist, who seeks to make the world an inspiring and beautiful place through the gift of music.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Tritone Substitutions and Flat 9th Chords

Alright, I've learned a lot. As I journey into the realm of Jazz Theory, it's interesting how much you remember and how much you need to to refresh upon. Ergo, I have forgotten more than I care to admit and need a revisit some concepts.

Hey, that's ok! New concepts do take a bit to sink in. I'm thankful to have this blog as a refresher.

First, if you haven't already got a firm grasp of the concepts of modes and scales, do not go looking on wikipedia to explain these concepts. You will be horribly confused. Please see my blog on Modes and Scales before going any further.

I did end up making myself a chart in Canva, which you can download for yourself by clicking the link in the image.

 Tritone Subs and Flat 9th

If even this is confusing, I suggest you watch the following. It should help. 



I'm so grateful for so many resources out there. Every time I find a stumbling block in my book, I find the answers by doing a little research. 

I'm printing out my cheat sheet now. Have a great playful day!